Sign up to Wace your Waft today!
click HERE to REGISTER your team
Get your friends and start building your Waft today!
The Wacky Walkerton Waft Wace has been a tradition at Walkerton Day.
Teams will meet up at the ramp by the old Walkerton bridge.
Meet at 3:00 PM – you will be towed against the tide to the starting line and the Wace will begin around 3:30 PM
The Annual Walkerton Parade starts at 5:30 after the Wace is finished.
- Prepare to have lots of fun !!!
- No Motors allowed – In the past we’ve had paddles, paddle wheels, bicycle driven props, sails, oars, etc. so get creative. Solar power is allowed as long as there’s no battery.
- Wafts should be creatively constructed – please don’t just decorate a canoe, kayak, boat so paddle board.
- All participants must wear a USCG approved PDF.
- Participants under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All participants need to sign a release waiver.
- Bring a tow rope/line around 25-50 feet – we’ll tow you to the start against the tide
- Cost $15 per team to register – all funds go to the Mattaponi Dive Team